Thursday, October 13, 2011

nip/tuck: furniture edition

We bought this lovely tv stand when we got married and it has been with us for 5 wonderful years. Unfortunately during those 5 special years we have moved 4 times, one of those places not the most friendly moving access to the front door. Our sad little tv stand got bumped and bruised each time, the move from Logan almost killing it. (it was literally falling apart in places) So I decided since we can't quite afford to just go and buy a new one I would give it a MUCH needed face-lift.
Before
Ta-Da! After!
And then after adding all of Conner's toys. He's gonna get to the bottom shelf...might as well make it Conner friendly.
 So for $15 worth of paint and supplies, some heavy duty wood glue, and 3 days of painting during naps, (I had a feeling that Conner and wet paint wouldn't mix very well)  I was able to transform my co-ugly-ugh entertainment center into this cute one!  For the background I kept my eye out at stores for contact paper, or wall paper, or even wrapping paper that would work but could find nothing at all. so frustrating! But then my genius mind reminded me that I have a degree in graphic design (not that you need said degree to make gray stripes) and a giant printer with giant paper printing capabilities and that I could make my own background. Duh! so that's what I did.
And while we're on the topic of crafty me, here is a Halloween decoration I made a few weeks ago.


5 comments:

  1. It looks amazing! You did such a great job. I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The color and stripes look fantastic. I want to do something similar to our super ugly bookshelf, but I wasn't sure about what to put behind until now... I love the thick stripes! Jealous of your printer... I'll have to haunt the fabric store and hope to have good luck finding something similar :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tv stand looks awesome! And the witch decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both projects Super cute!! very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. both projects look great! Way to be crafty.

    ReplyDelete