Friday, February 22, 2013

Little Miss Sophie

Little Miss Sophie is getting so so big! I can hardly believe that she is almost 5 months old (next week!) We have definitely had our ups and downs while adjusting to another human being in our family and I feel like I've been slightly mommy bi-polar but things are finally settling down and we're getting into a nice little routine. She has a consistent napping schedule where she is pretty much asleep for 2 hours then awake for 2 which makes for three 2 hour naps during the day which is pretty nice for the mama! not that Conner naps anymore. oh heaven forbid we even mention the N word. So I don't actually get a nap during the day but at least I don't have to juggle all day long. She's getting Ok during the nights. She wakes up twice which I can't really complain about considering the horrendous sleeper she was up until a few weeks ago. She and Conner both go down at 7 (since it's officially tax season now and I don't have the relief of Rusty in the evenings anymore and C wakes up at 6:30am no matter when he goes to bed I'm shipping them to bed as early as I can get away with!) and then she wakes up around midnight and then again around 4:30 then sleeps until 7ish. Like I said, it's ok but Conner was sleeping from 7pm-8:30am consistently by this age, although I'm pretty sure that he's the reason she wakes up so early because HE's up and being crazy at that time. But since this post is not about that silly little boy...

If you follow me on FB you have probably seen Soph's weekly "Thursday's with Sophie" pictures but don't worry, the following are almost all never before seen blog exclusives (sounds pretty fancy eh?) 

It sure comes in mighty handy to have an awesome photographer mother in law who just happens to have a studio in her basement. (We keep things fair around here and Conner got montly ones too for the first year. click here if you want to see them!) So without further ado here are Sophie's monthly photo shoots so far. And maybe I'm biased (ok I AM) but I think I might just have one of the cutest, most beautiful baby girls who ever did grace the earth with her presence. But that's just my opinion.

1 Month (10 days)





2 Months 


Look how big her bink is! oh my!











3 Months


I just love this one for some reason.




4 Months







5 Months
We took these ones yesterday. Now that she can do a little more than just lay there and be cute these photo shoots are getting SO much fun. It seriously took every fiber of my being not to post every single picture we took. 


She totally posed her self. I just set her down and she did the rest. Watch out Tyra Banks!





She wasn't so much a fan of the feather head thing. She gave us one drooley courtesy smile and that was it.



5 comments:

  1. So cute!! That's so nice you have a MIL that takes photos! Too cute. Can't believe Connor was sleeping so well at 5 months! Sounds like you're on a good schedule now though. I'm nervous to have two! Yikes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Audrey! I'm not gonna lie 2 kids is super crazy sometimes but it's also so awesome too. It just takes a while to adjust. You'll do great! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Miss Sophie Anne is definately a keeper. Very cute. You need to get me a print of your favorite for my new awesome picture wall in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! I love how vintage-y the last ones are. So pretty! Cute little chubby cheeks! How fun is it that we'll have girls the same age??

    And this might have happened a long time ago, or maybe I'm making things up, but did you change your blog design? Either way it's super cute!

    ReplyDelete