Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The weekend of memorial

This memorial weekend was busy busy busy! We were planning on just staying home all weekend to complete my miiiile long honey-DO list but ended up last minute going to Oakley on Saturday to visit Rusty's fam. It was lots of fun. We got to take Sophie's 8 month pictures (YES 8 months! As of Monday!) They turned out pretty cute!










 


Awe man sorry. I always tell myself that I'm not going to overwhelm the world with pictures, especially since everyone but me probably thinks they all look the same, but I just keep adding them. oh well.
 
Ye haw!
Then Conner got to go for a ride on the mules (the horsies if you ask C) and had a blast. Except for the part where his eyes got all swollen and red. Apparently he's allergic to them...or grass...or both. dang it! Another thing to add to that darn allergy list. But he still had fun!


 





 Soph and grammy watching the boys.

Then we had a BBQ and when Conner was good and ornery and tired we went home!


Memorial Day
The great wall of Hansen!
For actual memorial day we just worked and worked. After all, I still had my giant list-o-stuff to do and one less day to do it all! My flower bed (Ha "flower bed"! more like dirt pile of weeds) in the front is GIANT and I wasn't' sure how to fill the whole thing up with plants that I don't know how to keep alive. So we decided to build a little retaining wall to break things up and give the space some levels. I think it turned out quite nicely!
The wall!!! Look at us being handy.

And the top so you can see the shape. Lucky for us some nicey nice neighbors just happened to be digging a giant hole in their back yard for an in ground tramp and shared some of their dirt. Other wise we would have had to buy, like, 50 bags of dirt in a bag and thus ended up spending more $ on dirt than the actual wall. That would have not been cool. Yay for free dirt! Thanks friends!

Out with the White
We also bought paint to paint my boring white walls. If you have come to my house in the last 2 months there have been swatches and swatches of paint colors stuck all over my walls. I have been painstakingly trying to find the perfect shade of gray. And after months of looking and squinting and imagining and making giant swatches from poster board I think I found it! "Wood smoke" by Glidden is the winner winner chicken dinner!
I originally had settled on the top really light one ("Stone" by better homes and garden) but Rusty wanted it reeeeally darker (the second one..."drift wood gray" by glidden,) so we compromised on the big giant bottom one and ya know? I think I like it best anyway!
Here is the color in a different spot!
We'll probably be painting in the next weekish which is really exciting! I'll keep you posted!
 
Snippety snip
I also gave Conner a hair cut on this fine memorial day! As cute as he is always I'll admit it was getting a little shaggy.
before
during. we have to take turns, otherwise I would never get near his head.
 

after! Sorry it's a crazy picture. He really wanted to cut off my leg and arm with his saw while I was taking the picture and this is the best one I could get.

So there was our memorial weekend. it was jam packed! I'm not sure we could have done more if we wanted to. Which Conner sure didn't want to. He came inside at the end of the day and plopped down on the floor to take his shoes off and said very seriously "that was a hard day."


4 comments:

  1. Sophie is adorable! I love the wall! It looks really nice! And I love what Conner said about it being a hard day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures!! Love the grey! I wanna do grey too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! Conner is all boy, huh! So cute! And Sophie's looks are changing every time you post! Big girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her swimming suit is beyond darling!

    ReplyDelete