Wednesday, June 13, 2012

C-P-yAy!

Well I'll warn you, this is going to be a bragging/excited post.

So we found out last week that Rusty passed his last CPA exam!!! I know there are a few of you who read this and have husbands who have gone through it and know what I'm talking about, but for those of you who don't I will be an educating educator.

CPA= Certified Public Accountant

There are 4 stinky tests that he had to take, all of which have about a 40% passing rate. I'm not very good at math but I do know that the odds are not in favor of passing. (he only had to re-take one which he didn't pass by like 2%. Lame!)

For each test he took about 1 1/2 months and study study studied every day after work. I swear it was so much worse than being in school!! He'd get home from work around 6. Hang out with me and Conner until 7 or 8 when C went to bed, and then go lock himself in the bedroom for hours studying. And then Saturdays were an all day study fest. This was for a whole year, minus Feb-April when he was suuuuper busy during tax season.
Conner always liked to help daddy study. What a good tutor.
But it's over now! Well, almost over. He still has to take 2 small tests, one about laws and one to see if he's ethical, that he says he can probably get both done by next week.

I'm so excited to have a husband back! I'm excited to not feel guilty if we hung out when he was technically supposed to be studying. And I'm sooooo excited to throw away all of the freaking flash cards that are all over the house that I didn't dare throw away before because I didn't know if they were for one he was done with or not. (including the crinkled up, non-flat pile that I accidentally washed because I'm bad at checking pockets before laundry)

I know that you will probably never read this Rusty, but I'm so proud of you for all of your hard work! You are amazing and I Love You!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! That is so exciting! Now on to yard work... I only say this because we put in our yard a couple of years ago and it took so long ... but once it is finally done it is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete