Wednesday, April 16, 2014

28's all around

This last week was the week of 28's! On Friday April 11 my baby turned 28 weeks old in my big old belly. We're getting closer!!
 28 weeks preggo=the glucose test, the orange (or red if you are my sister living in Vegas) drink thing...which I haven't heard back from yet. let's hope I passed! I had to do the 3 hour with Sophie and that was no good. Lots of people cry about it when they have to take it, and yeah I don't love it, but it's not THAT bad. But I am glad it's done with :) Everything else is going pretty good. I've developed lovely comfy varicose veins...pretty much everywhere you can get varicose veins this time around which is really nice. Makes it kind of hard (well harder than a normal pregnancy ;) ) to walk/stand and pick anything heavier than Sophie up. But good news! It should all go away after I deliver! only 2 1/2 more months of no walking!! That should be pretty easy right? at least maxi dresses are in  so nobody has to ever see my legs! Also at 28 weeks this lil babe has zero prospects for a name. Suggestions are welcome! Because we've got nothin! Well, nothin that doesn't get vetoed by daddy that Is...

Then the next day I myself the Mom turned 28 years old!

On Friday, the day before, Rusty's mom and sis came down and we went to lunch (mmmm cafe rio) and got me a pair of lamps for my bedroom, since, ya know, for the last almost 8 years we have only had one  and it was the one I had growing up. Thanks for coming down girls! It was SO nice! Then on the big day (the next day) since not only do I have a tax season b-day, it just happens to be 3 days before THE deadline so there is no chance I can ever have a husband on it (except next year it's on a Sunday! so maybe then!) My largely pregnant self may or may not have cried at the thought of spending it all alone so my lovely nice wonderful daddy drove up to Layton from Orem and picked me and the kiddos up (so that we didn't have to drive separately home when Rusty met up with us in Orem) and we party hardied at my parents and spent the weekend. It was fantastic!! Thanks mom and daddy for giving me my birthday!


That's a lot of candles on that cake!
and apparently 28 candles makes a LOT of smoke.

2 comments:

  1. You look great! Happy late b day! Hopefully you passed the test!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I love you! Happy birthday! And yay for 28 weeks! I can't believe you're due so soon! Wah!!

    ReplyDelete