Friday, January 7, 2011

Operation: Fatty

So Conner went to the doctor yesterday for his 9 month check up. We all know that he is a little kid so it didn't surprise me to find out he was in the 10th %ile in height but what shocked me was he wasn't even CLOSE to being on the chart for weight. At his 6 month check up he was like 14.8 lbs and yesterday he was 15.2. He didn't even gain 1 pound in 3 months! crazy! Which is weird because I feel like he eats constantly. So anyway, my new role in his life is to fatten him up like Hansel and Grettle. (minus the whole eating him thing) I have 6 weeks before the next weigh in. Hopefully by then I will have a rolly polly pudger. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! We're totally in the same boat with our baby's weight too. I'm hoping to get her on the chart at her 18 month check, but I'm not holding my breath. I hope that things are going well for your cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I think it is the most terrible feeling in the world to have your baby NOT on the chart. Paul hangs so close to the edge and drops off it occasionally... He really only leveled out once we switched to formula, sadly enough. Skim milk, apparently, is not the way to fatten up. :)

    My doctor spends about half of our appointment telling me not to worry, that he's fine and "he's sticking to his own curve" and he's fine. And, mom, he's fine. And then I start worrying about the fact that he's not walking yet... So I get another round of he's-fine's. :)

    So, I commiserate. Woe is us moms whose babies aren't super chunky fat. And good luck fattening him up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had the same issues, Lyssa has been in the 5th percentile since 4 months? She is 15 months now. As long as he is staying in proportion, the doctors shouldn't be too worried. Does he like yogurt, Lyssa and Mark both just down that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's so itty bitty but so so cute! I can't even tell you how fun it was to see you this week. You should blog more! And we should see each other in real life more!

    ReplyDelete