Thursday, January 27, 2011

I just don't get it

Are there ever things in your life that you just can't for the life of you understand? Well this is my super cool list of things that I just don't get. This is not a rant, mind you. I really just don't understand these things.

1.
So the first one and the inspiration for this post is Sports. I just don't get them. And by just don't get them I don't mean I don't understand the FUN(ha)damentals cuz for the most part I get those but what I don't get is how people can get SOOOO into them. Especially boys. Growing up I never wanted to play sports with boys. Whether it was a YM/YW activity, singles ward, or just playing for "fun" boys are soohoho mean when they play. even if they promise that it is all fun and they will be nice. When my mad awesome sports skills come out someone always ends up crying, and that someone is most likely me. By nature I am sure not a sportsy person. I am a artsy, cooky, sorta crafty, lay down and read a booky person. But my husband can spend HOURS watching sports and never get bored. He claims that every game is different. Like a movie. Not so I say. To me there are only two types of plays in any sporting event...the one's where you score and the ones you don't. And maybe one's where you fall on your face. so there are three. Maybe that's just because my eyes glaze over and I don't quite pay attention until someone (Rusty) hoots and hollers or groans and yells to wake me up...who knows. So anyway, the point of this super long story (if you want to call it a story) is that I don't understand the passion that some people have for sports whether watching or playing. Like I said Rusty can get into games so much. He yells and cheers and is the husband who you could ask if you could have $5000 to blow on a shopping spree consisting only of shoes and he would say "uh huh, sure, whatever you want" as he waves you out of the way of the TV. Like I said I'm not ranting, just not understanding. I kind of wish I liked sports a little just so it wouldn't be so BORING to watch and sometimes even play, but I'm afraid due to years of emotional scaring from the public education PE program it may never happen. sigh...

well that was suuuuper long so I'll try to keep the other ones shorter.

2.
How someone couldn't like chocolate! Don't worry, I like chocolate like a NORMAL person, not a crazy chocoholic. But I at least LIKE chocolate. I knew a girl my first year of college and when we made chocolate chip cookies we had to reserve some of the dough before we put the chocolate chips in because she didn't like chocolate. It didn't make her sick or anything, she just didn't' like the taste....weird.

3.
Es cargo. Need I say more? Ok I will. Who the heck wants to eat stinky slimy snails? sick.

4.
while we're talking about sicko foods how about calamari? deep fried squid? no thanks.

5.
So this one might be a little bit of a rant but I don't get how people can not use their blinkers. uuuuggg. it's not so hard people to flick your finger to turn on your turn signal. I promise.

6.
I had another one but it has escaped my mind. I guess I can't say I don't understand how people can just forget things they are about to say because I just did it. oopsies.

well thanks for reading my amazing list of things I don't understand. maybe you understand me a little more! hooray for you!

5 comments:

  1. Ah don't bash it until you tried it! I love es cargo! A little bit a garlic and butter, so yummy! And calamari is my favorite appetizer! So, so yummy! I bet you don't like sushi either. Girl, you are missing out! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you girl! all that food sounds so nasty to me. And I have to say that I do think I am a chocoholic. If I don't have chocolate in my house, not only is it a big surprise but that is just not right. And simply unamerican. I do like sports here and there but not nearly enough to watch it on tv. And thankfully my husband is not addicted to them either. However he is addicted to video games, so I am not sure that is any better. :)Boys have their vices and you love them even with them... well sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post. I think I agree with pretty much everything. I hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I was also scared by elementary school PE and I am scared of the ball and I always get hit in the face. I only understand a love of BYU sports (and that is something you don't endure where you live... unfortunately)

    Also, have you had escargot? Cause I went to this FANCY restaurant with the teen living class last year(La caille? super super fancy to me) and we ate it. It was sandy and slimy but not that bad tasting.... if you could gag it down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! I can totally see you describing it too and waving your hands around. (something that requires a lot of talent while typing). I like squid but in that's probably because I went to Taiwan on my mission and there are a lot worse things to eat there. haha Oh I love you!

    ReplyDelete