Thursday, February 17, 2011

Baby Face

No I am not talking about the once maybe famous 90's singer (who honestly I don't really even know what he sang....I just remember the name) or even my cute little guys face. No, I am talking about mine.

I was called to be a YW Beehive advisor about a month ago and it's been pretty darn fun. We had combined young women's last night and we made pajama pants to teach the girls the magical skill of sewing. There was a girl there who I had never seen before that night and I was helping her figure out her pants and we were talking and I was trying to get to know her and after a while of talking well, here's what happened:

Leader: "MaryAnne, where's your baby tonight"

me: "oh he's with his Grammy"

girl: "you have a BABY?"

Me: "yup. He's almost a year!"

Girl: "holy cow!"

other girl: "If you and your husband ever want to go out I'll babysit! He's so cute!" (I can only assume she was meaning Conner)

Girl: "you're MARRIED!"

Me: "uh...yeah!"

Girl: Flabbergast and confusion "wait, how old are you?"

Me: "almost 25"

Girl: "I didn't know you were a leader! I thought you were our age!"

So friends, the moral of this story is that I apparently look like I am 14 years old. Which means when I am 60 and everyone is looking old and fall aparty I will still look young and lovely. jealous anyone? I thought so.

PS So thanks to google I searched babyface songs because I was curious. Still didn't really recognize any but they were SO 90's with the little bell things in the back ground and synthesizers and such. ha!

9 comments:

  1. Haha! thanks for the laugh! That's awesome! I am jealous...although I'm glad I'm not 14 anymore! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could totally sing the song for you! I sang that so many times during my internship! Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have the same baby face thing going. A year or so into our marriage Steven and I were at Lowes and someone thought I was his daughter! A few babies and not enough sleep later and somehow that doesn't happen to me anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Enjoy it... I took in wedding pictures to our Young Women for a lesson and they all said I looked "more experienced" now -- I told them to cut to the chase and just say I looked older!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband is the same way when he doesn't have the beard. He seriously looks like he is 12 when cleanshaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so hilarious! People sometimes thought my mom was my sister so watch out for that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that is awesome. No wonder she was so concerned that you had a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must take after your very "Young looking" mother. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's way funny! I confuse people sometimes, but not that bad. A few weeks ago I went to the mall with my mom and the cashier asked me if I'd been asked to the Valentine's dance yet. Before I could say anything, my mom said, "What?! She's 23 with a husband and baby!" I wasn't going to tell her that, but oh well...

    ReplyDelete