Thursday, February 24, 2011

Operation: Fatty UPDATE

So it has been 7 weeks since Operation: fatty has commenced and I thought we were doing so well! and we did OK...I guess. Conner now weighs a whopping 16lb 11oz. almost 17 pounds! hooray! (he was 15.2 when we started) Still not on the chart though:( But the doctor wasn't TOO worried since he was going up on his little graph thingy instead of an almost horizontal line like last time. We bought some pediasure knock off stuff and carnation instant breakfast to mix into his milk (I heard that it's pretty much the same thing) and we're gonna be Bill Nye the Science guy and do an experiment with them to see which one adds more chunk to him.

So operation: fatty is still in the works. we'll see where he fall on the chart at his 12 month apt next month.

Speaking of his 12 month appointment, can you believe he's almost a year!!!???!! I sure can't. It went by pretty darn fast if you ask me. Of course, with him being small I can always pretend that he is still little with him and his 6 month clothes. He even has a few of his 3 month things that still fit him. little kid. Plus when I go out with him people are like

"oh, he's so cute. how old is he? 4 months?"

"no, he's almost 11"

"oh...uh...well he'll grow"

thanks, thanks a lot sir.

That is the conversation that took place last week at the grocery store. (and I've had many other similar ones before too) what can I say, I guess looking young just runs in the family. But I DOOO have to consider that most of the people guessing were boys and, well, boys are just not so good at guessing how old babies are. Unless they are a doctor, then maybe.

so that's it. wish us luck on phase two of Operation: FATTY

5 comments:

  1. Best of luck on Operation:Fatty! Paul was off-the-charts skinny until we started him on formula. He wasn't gaining much weight on Mommy's skim milk, I guess!

    And even women are terrible at guessing how old kids are. Paul is 17 months and my visiting teacher guessed on Sunday that he was 6. And she even knew me when I was pregnant. Other people usually guess around 10 months since he's small(ish) and not walking yet. People are just clueless. Guessing a baby's age is like guessing how far along a pregnant woman is: most of the time, you just DON'T. Just ask, don't guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a cutie and I just totally sympathize with the small baby thing. I thought that we'd been doing so great chunking up our little Josie and then we went in when she had croup and they weighed her in at 17lbs1oz at almost 18 months! Seriously I almost cried because I thought she was getting so much bigger. I'm hoping that she has gained some more back since she has been sick, but I'm right there with everyone thinking she is just super young. She starts nursery this Sunday and I'm praying she doesn't get trampled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls!! It's good to know that my baby isn't the only little one. There must just be some really fat babies throwing off the curve or something. Bridget I can't believe how little Josie is! wow! well good luck with your own chunking guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first year goes by so fast! Little Hanna just turned one, of course she isn't really little compared to Conner. She is already 20lbs and half my height! But your little man is adorable and perfect just the way he is and I don't think anyone was expecting him to be real big considering his parents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Conner is super-cute! If I were you, I would be glad that you get to keep his clothes around for longer. :) We have the opposite thing...Kayli just turned 5 months and is starting into her 9 month clothes! She is such a chunk! It makes me so sad when we have to box some of her little outfits after only a few weeks of wearing them!

    ReplyDelete