Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hair today, Gone tomorrow

Well, as of Tuesday the 29th I officially have a one year old. It was a bittersweet milestone and one of the bitterish things for me was "the deal." What is "the deal"? and why is it so cool that it deserves quotations? well "the deal" has to do with Rusty and my baby's lovely locks. Any of you who have seen Conner recently (in the last 2 months or so) know that he has the cutest little blond curls ever. But Rusty wanting his little boy to look like, well, a little boy and not a cute little cupid, has been pestering me to get his hair cut for a little while. but I have strongly put my foot down and held my ground. For one, his curls are so stinkin cute and two I have this weird mentality that once he gets his first haircut then he will look like a little boy and not my little baby. We made this deal that he could have his curls until he was a year. I even was able to stretch it out to a year and 3 days. go me.But I will admit (don't ever tell Rusty) that it was kinda getting out of control and maybe he really DID need it cut. so ANYway, yesterday he got his first haircut. and yes, he no longer looks like a little baby, but a handsome little toddler. awe.

Before


After




Oh, and speaking of his birthday it was lots of fun! We had a family party with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. He ate is first cupcake and LOVED it



and for Operation: fatty followers, well, we're still not on the charts. He only gained .1 lb (that's point one, not one)since last month. not so promising. So our doctor said to feed him anything fattening and since he was a year he could have anything at all! specifically peanut butter cuz it's super fattening. so I gave him some PB on a graham cracker (is it just me or does that spelling look weird? spell check says it's right so I'll believe it. must be one of those nights) and an hour later we were calling the doctor and driving down to park city to get a prescription stearoid to get the swelling down. turns out he's a little allergic:( but when we went to pick up the prescription they only had the pill form and the pharmacist (obviousuly, or maybe hopefully, not knowing the situation) said "yeah, you can just crush it up and put it in some peanut butter or something" thanks sir, we'll go home and do just that.

well sorry that ended up being a LOOONG post. thanks for finishing if you did!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for hair cuts!!! He doesn't look too grown up. I still think you can get away with calling him your baby!

    ReplyDelete