Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A lot of little thoughts

So remember how I made it a goal to post more than once a month? well according to my last post I have 2 days before it has been a month so I guess I'll post. I don't want to be breaking my goal already do I? nope I sure don't. Unfortunately...I have nothing really exciting to write about. At least nothing that could be it's own headlining post so here are a lot of little things that are almost exciting enough to write about.

Life has been settling into it's little grove and I've been just going day to day. Not that I'm complaining, that's just how it is. Sadly I think the unpacking drive has left and anything that wasn't unpacked within the first few weeks of living here has slowly been moved into "the room" you all know what I'm talking about, I'm sure you all have one, so I won't explain what it is.

One thing (one of the very FEW, in fact it might just the the ONLY) things I don't like about where we live is there are millions of mosquitoes here. On Sunday I was eaten by one, and where? you might ask, my finger! I have gotten many a mosquito bites in my life but as I can remember never on my finger. My finger became a sausage. Do you know the feeling when you are hiking or walking for a long time and your hands just hang there and all the blood rushes to your fingers and they swell up? well that was my one finger but itchy for the past 2 1/2 days. stupid mosquitoes.

hum...anything else...oh, so OPERATION: FATTY! we haven't had an update for a while. So Conner is unofficially 20 lbs now! hooray. I say unofficially because it wasn't at the Dr's or anything, just me weighing myself and then with him and doing math. So even though he has been in his forward facing car seat since he was 14 months (shhhhh don't tell) he now legally can be! Also since we found out that he was allergic to eggs as well as peanuts we have cut eggs out of his diet and he has given up his bulimic ways of throwing up after he eats, which I'm sure has helped his pudge.

We also were able to (finally) see Harry Potter 7 part 2 this last weekend. Yeah, yeah I know it's been out for forever blah blah. But really, when you have a 17 month old who can't sit still for literally 2 minutes, let alone a whole Harry Potter movie and you just moved where you don't know any little Beehives who can look after my little lad and you live over an hour away from any parents it makes it a little hard. So we shipped him off to his Aunt and Uncle's in Riverton and let him learn to play nice with his cousins while we went. But anyway that was super duper  fun. So sad that the movies are done though.
Oh and I'm sure that this is old news and I'm just not up with the times but I just found out that one of my fav books, The Hunger Games, is going to be a movie! yay! So that was pretty exciting for me to find out. Too bad it's not till march. Lame. But it's something to look forward to! I always like that!



1 comment:

  1. I am SUPER stoked about the movie too, and here I thought I was the last to find out a couple months ago, so you just made my day!:)

    And I hear ya on the babysitting thing. We NEVER get to go on a date.

    ReplyDelete