Monday, July 1, 2013

Operation:FATTY Sophie edition

We just got back from Soph's 9 month check-up...here we go!
 
 
this morning just before her apt.

Length: 25.98 inches= 7%
Head: 42 cm = 5%
weight: 14lb 1 oz = 0% (on the chart it looked like it would really be like -5% but since they don't do negatives...) last appointment she was 13lb even, so she only gained 1.1 lb in 3 months. ugggg! Looks like Operation:fatty Sophie Edition will start in full swing!
 
It seems like 9 months is when Conner , who actually was a whole pound heavier than missy at 9 months coming in at 15.2, started to fall off the charts too. So either that's just how I make 'em or something starts to go horribly wrong in my mommying at that age. who knows. Doc says to put melted butter in her baby food and if she starts to lose her rolls to come in for a weight check. So if anyone has any extra fat lying around we'll gladly take it off your hands!

I'm not too crazy worried (just a little bit) since we've been through this with C and he's turned out to be little but just fine. Even though it's slightly stressful that my babe isn't right up there with the norm she is 100% healthy in every other aspect physically and developmentally which is a relief. I'll just take the fact that she's STILL is in 0-3 month clothes and size 2 diapers to mean that I just get a cute little itty bity cuddly baby for a little longer than most! And I'll definitely savor this time that I can still hold her in her car seat with one arm.

2 comments:

  1. She's just perfect! Wes is tiny too! It's funny cause the docs have never said anything about trying to get him to gain weight. Hmmm... I'm sure she's perfectly fine. And cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MA, that's so cute. And not funny, but funny for this reason: Just like you know they don't do negatives for the percentiles, I know they don't do above 100%s. Yes, Ivy's head on the growth chart looks like it should be 115%ile or something like that. But instead they just call it "above 98." I can't believe they have you put pure butter in her food! That every adult's dream :)

    ReplyDelete