Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Disney Movies are NOT Real

I have always been a sympathetic soul. Ever since I can remember I have always been worried about other peoples feelings and wanting everyone to be happy. Is this good? I guess so. The one problem that I can think of, and maybe it is somewhat a mental problem, is that it goes as far as me feeling bad for non-human things. Heck forget non-human, it goes as far as inanimate objects. I remember when I was younger (ok it was last year) driving past a Christmas Tree lot on Christmas Eve night and thinking "Oh those poor trees. They must feel so sad that nobody wanted to buy them. I hope they don't think they aren't pretty"

Who do I blame this psycho-babble on? Disney movies. I love a good ole Disney flick as much as the next gal but really, talking animals, talking TREES, they take everyday things and creatures and anamorphise them to the point that I believe that the friendly bird that pooped on my car was really just having a bad day and couldn't quite hold it in and is off to grab some cleaning supplies from Snow White and will be back in a jiff. Not so. Really it's just a stupid bird who pooped on my car. End of story.

Why this trying to convince myself that animals and such do NOT have human feelings? Well if you know me you know that I haaaaaaate creepy crawly things. Spiders, grass hoppers, earwigs, and ants. But mix this with my weirdo mentality and I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. See, I don't want them near me, but heaven forbid that we kill them. Maybe they are a lost princess spider who was separated from her one true love spider and if I happen to squish it then they can never be together. Or maybe they'll pull out a wallet insert with pictures of their 4000 children who are counting on them to come home. To make things worse I just saw "How to Train Your Dragon" the other night and that didn't help anything.

Well right now we happen to have an infestation of ants in my new beautiful home. They have been here off and on since we moved in and at first I was like so torn because they make me want to squirm but at the same time I can't just kill them. That would be...Heartless. But friends, no more Mrs Nice Me. I am so sick of them. I have been vacuuming, sweeping and spraying those stupid ants to smithereens. We were even given these little poison things that the ants get on them and take back to the queen. bwah ha ha ha. Because the reality is folks, Disney movies are not real.

8 comments:

  1. You are so funny! Seriously though, I think that your empathy is an amazing quality! I'm sure you don't judge people, because you're giving them the benefit of the doubt. But yes, the ants must go! Our house has been invaded too, and the little things where they take the poison back to the queen work really really well. My qualm with killing bugs is the squish or the crunch. I just can't handle it. So I put a cup or bowl over it to capture it, and leave it until poor Lance gets home from work. Where he starts his second job as live-in bug and spider killer. :) Hopefully your's are gone soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I shouldn't feel bad about killing the GIANT cochroaches in my classroom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hilarious!!! hahahah!! I wish I had that empathy, I think I lost it... long time ago when I was a little girl and I came home from camping and I had a tick in me, and my mom had to dig it out of me. Yeah...

    Disney movies are NOT real. I am with ya there. Cute but NOT real. Thank goodness too, because the princess and the frog... it makes me worry a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA, that is great cause we are dealing with that as well at the moment. I do not like creeping things at all either. Good luck. Sounds like you guys are doing well and Connor is getting big just like Ashlyn. They grow fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! I totally know how you feel, but not to the extent of bugs. The Christmas tree thing is a great example!! You're so great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are hilarious! I'm glad you got over the ant-killing thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ya so I was talking to mom last night on the phone and we decided this problem you have was not caused by disney movies. Although they do depcit interesting things to have feelings. BUT you used to bring potatoe bugs into the house and mom didn't want them in there and instead of telling you to get them out, she sweetly told you that their mom was looking for them and of course that made you sad and you quickly took them back out. Yep it was all the way you were raised. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh MaryAnne, you made me laugh and reminded me again of what a sweetheart you are. You just love it when everyone is happy, and I love that about you. but I have to say, the story about the ants made me laugh....hard. haha. :)

    ReplyDelete