Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Party of the Century


Since Conner turned the big 0-2 about a month ago and I turned the big 2-6 two weeks later we decided that a party was WAY past due. So we gathered together family and some close friends and party hardied last Friday night (and it even took me less than a week to blog about it. hooray! speaking of blogging good, I must say that I have done pretty darn awesome this last month, thank you very much) Anyway, so we had a sort of combined party but let's be honest it was mostly a Conner party. Unfortunately, even for people like me who think their birthday's should probably just be a national holiday because they're so awesome, when you become a mom, or even just old for that matter, you just don't get birthday's anymore. But Conner had a BLAST so it was all worth it! Although I DID get a present from my parents; a really big super tall ladder so I can change my smoke detector batteries if they ever decide to suck again! Thanks so much!!!!!
After a yummy meal of hamburgers and all the trimmin's (which I didn't get any  photo doc of because I forgot that the camera had been invented until now) what do you do at a 2 year old's b-day party? Play a rousing game of duck duck goose of course! Conner just ran around the circle the whole time whether it was his turn or not. But it's his party so he can run if he want's to!

Conner got not one, but TWO guitars (one from each set of grandparents) which he loved! He spent pretty much the rest of the party rocking out (except when we had to pry it away from him so we could sing and blow out candles)

All of the kids even started a band with all of the new instruments complete with two guitar players, a front man singer and a back-up dancer.


Conner's cup cake cake

Sorry bout the weird face I'm making but apparently I make weird faces when I sing.

yay he blew them out! He was suuuuper confused about the whole thing so I finally said "it's hot, blow on it!" so he  blew like it was his hot food and it did the trick!!

mmmmmmm
Conner's (and sort of my) party was lots and lots of fun. Conner partied so hard and was so worn out that he didn't wake up until 10:00 the next morning. I call that a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment