Thursday, June 26, 2014

Goodbye Stinkin Rollercoaster!

last preggo pic!

Well all, TOMORROW is the big day! B-DAY if you will, bright and early at 7:00am. My dad just picked up the kiddos and Rusty's not home from work yet so I shall blog! (because really there's not much else I could be doing the night before I'm going to have a baby right?)

I've been thinking, usually I love to be pregnant and I have mix feelings about not being pregnant anymore. Like I'm SO out of room for a baby, but I love the whole idea of pregnancy, and feeling the baby, and the anticipation, and honestly even the bump! I think pregnant women are just lovely lovey most of the time. BUT this pregnancy is different. It has been nothing but a crazy up and down rollercoaster ride that I am none to sad to hop off. As I sit here and think about this pregnancy, we have been worried about Down's Syndrome, growth due to a crazy umbilical cord, cysts in his brain! But on the up side tests that we have done say that all is well in all of those aspects :) yay! But I still worry until I can hold him in my arms and see that all is well.

Then there are my crazy awesome veins that have troubled me for the past 4 months. I honestly have never been so excited to not be pregnant just so I won't have to hurt every day! I don't like to whine and complain, but DANG! These things suck big time!

Then there is the pre-eclampsia looming in the background. I'm always worried that it will rear its ugly head. Last week (thurs) I had protein in my urine at my doc apt. This is a HUGE PE red flag and I was honestly freaking out a little. I did the lovely 24 hour pee test AGAIN (3rd times the charm!) and long story short after a giant bout of drama trying to make sure my pee made it to the right place and lots of me bugging the hospital to make sure it wasn't lost (how hard is it to keep track of a giant orange container of pee anyway?) I found out that the results were normal. Then I was SO sick Sunday night (like throw up sick) and I remember I got so so SO sick with Conner and was freaking out a little on Monday so I called the doc's office and went in for testing. All checked out. My doc didn't think I HAD pre-E but that I was developing it. Shouldn't that mean "let's have a baby now so you don't get it!"? But no. She said that the head honcho guy at the hospital gave the OK for me to be induced early if I wanted though because of my history. But I chose not to. not sure why...because I would have a baby right now if I did!...Anyway, at my apt today there was magically no protein in the urine. Crazy! So here I sit. Waiting. I think I said it with Soph, and I'll say it with this one, I'm not sure how I feel about KNOWING that the next morning I will have a baby. It's nice in the planning aspect of things but it's also crazy just knowing! It's like knowing when your going to die. Well...not really that but you get what I mean.

So this rollercoaster pregnancy is almost over! Let's just hope that it ends on a high note! I'm so glad that I have to chance to be pregnant and be a mom to these awesome kids, but I think maybe next summer instead of having a baby I'll just go to Lagoon.
And here's our last fam pic before little guy joins us! (taken last weekend)

No comments:

Post a Comment