Friday, June 6, 2014

No Boys Allowed!

Conner and Rusty went camping with Rusty's fam this weekend. (hence me having time to do TWO blog posts in TWO days. unheard of!) As much fun as it sounded to go and sleep on the ground in the cold and then ride around on a bumpy wagon pulled by a mule all the next day while being 8+ months pregnant, I kindly had to opt out. There was no way that I would send both of the kiddos with Rusty. I'm not THAT mean! I don't think that I would even be brave enough to go camping by myself with both of them and I'm a professional mama! So Sophie and I have had a fun girls weekend just the two of us. And let me tell ya, it has been AWESOME! I have never in all of Sophie's life had so much one on one Sophie time and it's been a blast to not have to worry about anyone but her. Plus only one kid is so easy! Why did nobody tell me that one kid was such a breeze when I had only one kid? seriously! I'm sure I'll be saying the same thing about 2 pretty shortly though. Today after her nap we painted the town red! or actually pink.

First we went to the duck pond/lake thing by our house. This proves that I love her. Because ducks kind of freak me out. The last time we went to this park I was probably about the same point in my pregnancy with Sophie and it was just me and Rusty and Conner and out of nowhere all of these crazy geese started chasing me. Not Rusty. Not Conner. ME. Like it seriously was 7 or 8 of them honking and running and I was waddling away as fast as I could screaming but they just kept chasing me until I got to the parking lot. Then they magically stopped. hummm. My only guess is that they saw a fellow waddler and wanted to be friends? Maybe? That or they knew that  I was slow so they could eat me easier. I don't know but it was pretty darn scary.  But I decided to give it a go with Soph and she had so much fun! "Duck" was her first word after "mom" and "dad" so she kind of really likes them.




She got really excited about this fish sign. We had to look at it for like 5 minutes.


She liked the white ones best.



watching the ducks eat her bread she threw.


it was kind of more of a seagull pond than a duck pond today. There were tons!
 
Saw this big pelican thing flying over us. Pretty cool! (especially since it didn't dive bomb my head. I was kind of worried.)
 
 So anyway, it was really fun! Sophie had a blast seeing the ducks and feeding them bread (well, feeding them whatever didn't make it into her own mouth) and we didn't get attacked by any feathered friends so I call it a success!!

When we got home we each got matching pedicures and manicures. Sophie's first nail painting experience and now I know why I waited for so long. Because I knew it would be crazy!! But mostly it was so crazy because she was so excited and couldn't contain it. Her toes look ok but her fingers.... not so much. We'll practice that one.

I have seriously loved getting to spend some good quality time with my little miss before life gets even more crazy. Such a great weekend!!! Hope the boys are having just as much fun with their male bonding as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment